Untitled photo

St. Joseph Township is located on the north east side of Fort Wayne, and is part of the metro area. The station physically sits inside the Fort Wayne city limits, with two FWFD stations within a few miles to the north and east. Established in 1954, SJTFD re-organized in 2012 as St. Joseph Township Fire-Rescue. SJTFR included 30 all-volunteer members who provided Fire, Rescue and Medical First Responder protection to 6,500 residents and 7 square miles within the unincorporated areas of St. Joseph Township. SJTFR responded to approximately 300 runs each year prior to it being disbanded in 2018. Most all of the apparatus owned by the department were sold to other departments in Indiana in 2018.


Powered by SmugMug Owner Log In